Kanawha Commission to meet
by Ron Gregory
- Charleston – The Kanawha County Commission will hold their regularly
scheduled meeting via video conference this evening to practice safe social distancing.
The meeting will begin at 5 p.m. and can be viewed on the Kanawha County
Facebook page. Those without Facebook can call in and listen by dialing (312) 626-6799 or (301) 715-8592 and inputting Webinar ID: 829 2908 8507.
Some items on this evening’s agenda are:
• The Commission’s Hero Pay program for first responders and front-line county employees;
• The Governor’s $100,000 block grant to the County Commission and support
for municipalities throughout the county;
• Important dates for the upcoming June 9 Primary Election;
• Employee Dental and Vision Coverage under the county’s switch to PEIA.
Any person wanting to give public comment during the meeting can e-mail their comment to email@example.com or call (304)357-0656.